Friends of Belper Parks Ltd
© Copyright Friends of Belper Parks Ltd. 8 Parkside, Belper, Derbys.DE56 1HY. Site updated 24th October 2017
2) AVBC short of money, could not pay £140 for two skips to remove un-
3) Environment Agency approval needed. They require a 6-
4) Most visually intrusive of the two schemes
5) Significant disruption to Coppice Car Park whilst a pipe is laid under the car park from the Town Council’s workshop to trough in the wildflower meadow.
2) Best Option for the wildlife as all of the meadow will be grazed.
3) All five Animal Welfare Council’s Five Freedoms of Farm Animals provided including Freedom to act naturally
4) No possibility of cattle being without water. There is nothing to go wrong. No Pipes, no taps ,no trough
5) Restores the Heritage of the site. Belper Parks is part of the World Heritage Site.
6) You will be able to walk alongside the brook
7) Allows access to the brook where children can play and learn about the pleasures and hazards of running water in a safe environment
8) The cattle graze areas of the meadow the farmer cannot reach with his mower
9) The cattle will trample the edges of the brook and so help maintain the small amount of wetland we have
10) The cattle will stop the spread of holly trees by eating the saplings on the north side of the brook.
11) No ongoing maintenance costs
12) Written permission from the Environment Agency in place
13) Fencing mostly out of sight
14) The Friends have all the funding in place
15) We will invite the local schools to bring their children when the cattle are in the meadow, to talk about why the cattle are there, the wildlife in the meadow and the rest of the Parks, and why the site is an important part of Belper’s Heritage, and a small part of our national history.
|History - Summary|
|Themes - Coppice Brook|
|Belper Parks Project|
|From Mowing to Mooing|
|Importance of wildflowers & insects|
|AVBC News Release|
|Pros and Cons of fencing|
|Butterflies-First & Last|
|Butterflies-Grow your own-1|
|Butterflies - Books|
|Butterflies-Grow your own-2|